The City School District of Albany (CSDA) serves a vibrant student population of more than 9,600 students and their families in New York’s Capital Region. Recognized by dynamic growth from expanding refugee populations, City School District of Albany students hail from 50 countries and speak 57 languages. While rising graduation rates continue to be a goal, the district is also a regional leader in high school Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate program courses. As a resident here, you’ll experience a wide range of teaching experiences, expanding your skill set and building a solid classroom foundation with the support of a tight-knit community.
- Focus on literacy and social-emotional health and development to improve academic achievement.
- College & career readiness continues to be an area of attention to promote access and opportunity for all students beyond the P-12 educational experience.
- Strengthening the safety and security in every building and supporting building leaders in their efforts be more effective instructional leaders.
- 30-credit master of arts in teaching (MAT) program
- Meet online with NYU Steinhardt faculty and peers twice per week in the evening for your course work ~15 hours/week
- ~40 hours/week in classroom residency at partner location
- Tuition subsidy and stipend or wage from partner school
- Two-year commitment following residency required
- Full-day cost details
As a resident, you'll work full time under a mentor teacher and have the opportunity to support students daily. Your role in the classroom increases over the course of the year – progressing from working with students one-on-one to facilitating small group discussions, and eventually lead teaching up to three periods a day. Here are some more details about being a resident in the City School District of Albany.
During residency year
(Resident role based on 2016-17, subject to change by CSDA)
Provided for current CSDA employees
Residency: End of August 2021
After residency year
The job placement offer is provided by our partners for informational and planning purposes only. NYU Steinhardt does not guarantee job placement.
The figures above are estimates provided by our partners for informational and planning purposes only. NYU Steinhardt does not guarantee these amounts.