Teacher Residency locations
You learn with NYU Steinhardt faculty while teaching in a district or charter network directly invested in your success.
NYU Steinhardt’s teacher residents are embedded for one year at one residency school location within partner school districts and charter networks across the country. A critical part of the admissions process is to successfully match you with your residency school.
To learn more about the student population, priority initiatives, and residency year details such as stipends, wages, health insurance, and start dates, please click on the corresponding district or charter school link below. As this is a residency program taking place in our partner schools, NYU housing is not available.
Degree option availability varies by location.
- Currently only five of the NYC charter school residency sites offer both the master of arts in teaching in Inclusive Childhood Education and master of arts in teaching in Secondary Education: Hyde Leadership Charter, Our World Neighborhood, Pharos Academy Charter, Prospect Schools, and Public Prep.
- All of our residency sites offer the master of arts in teaching in Secondary Education: all NYC charters, San Francisco, CA (SFUSD), Palm Beach, FL (SDPBC), Washington, DC charters, Upstate NY (City School District of Albany and Albany Community Charter), and Central NY (Syracuse City School District)
Upstate and Central
New York City
- Bronx Charter School for Excellence
- Equality Charter
- Family Life Academy Charter
- Hyde Leadership Charter
- Lighthouse Academy Charter
- Pharos Academy Charter
- Public Prep
- Capital Preparatory Schools
- Great Oaks Charter
- Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy Charter
- Inwood Charter
- Public Prep
- Center City Public Charter Schools
- District of Columbia International School
- Two Rivers Public Charter Schools
- Washington Latin Public Charter
The job placement offers are provided by our partner schools for informational and planning purposes only. NYU Steinhardt does not guarantee job placement.