You'll launch a career in education where you'll make the greatest impact with a master's degree from one of the world's leading research universities.NYU Steinhardt's Teacher Residency marries the rigorous technology-enhanced curriculum developed by our faculty with full-time paid residencies in high-need urban schools around the country to better prepare teachers from diverse backgrounds to make a real difference for students. This innovative residency brings our cutting-edge research and rigorous curriculum together for an intensive period of practice centered around rich personal and multidisciplinary feedback. Graduates will emerge as leaders in the field, confident they can make a real impact with every student. The Teacher Residency program is currently preparing middle and high school teachers in the following areas:
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, and Physics
- Social Studies
- Special Education Generalist
Successful candidates in all subject areas will earn a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree.
Note: The course work and fieldwork lead to eligibility for initial teaching certification in New York state. If you wish to be certified in another state, you must research and ensure that you meet or will meet that state's certification requirements before starting the program.
One-Year Program Benefits
- Affordable tuition is supported through NYU and partner investments.
- The program is anchored by a full-time paid teaching residency.
- New teacher effectiveness is increased with NYU Steinhardt's innovative curriculum.
- Technology-enhanced learning connects practice, mentoring, and course work.
- Total immersion and rigorous academics build a foundation for teaching success.
- Supportive cohort learning is created by clustering students and strong mentorship guidance.
- School district and charter network partners will prioritize hiring successful graduates, based on availability and eligibility.
“I'm making a difference and helping change lives, right now. Lorraine Brooklyn Prospect Teacher Resident ”