After the program is over, will I be eligible to teach in the school where I am doing my residency?

Upon successful completion, you’ll earn your master’s degree and be recommended for initial teacher certification in New York.  If you wish to be certified in a different state, you must research and ensure that you meet or will meet that state’s certification requirements. NYU’s certification officer and your district/charter partner will provide support and guidance in this process.  You will work with your school, your district/charter partner, and your Residency Director to determine availability of full-time positions for the upcoming year. They will support you in finding available positions in your school or another school within the district/charter network. We recommend you also review the Professional Licensure section of the FAQs for more information.